Sunday 12 January 2014

Watering down Baptisms?

Well after seeing in the news recently about what the CofE (Church of England) have said they will be testing out really, to me, is quiet shocking... So I have taken the time to think it over and write my view on it... 

I see that the CofE is trialling a change of wording in baptisms.. and to quote some taken from a Church News site.. One person has said..

He added: "You do not have to have the whole of Christian doctrine in every part of the service."

Another has been quoted to say:
there was a need for balance. We indeed today face a challenge of not wanting to lose the true meaning of baptism while at the same time wanting to attract more people to church. Our churches attract many non-churchgoers who wish to have their children baptised."

If you look at both of these comments you can see that they are taking the meaning out of Baptism just to attract people into the church which is totally the wrong way to go.. .If people want to bring their children to church to be baptised they should do it with the meaning and actions that are SCRIPTUAL .. not just a worldy symbolic thing to make them feel all warm and tingly and tick a box…

Watering down (pun not intended) of the Scripture on baptism, or any Scripture, is not something to be taken lightly… After all it is the Word of God..

Christianity faces so much pressure to change so that its adapting to the worldy way of things which is looking more and more to be taking it away from Gods way of things.. Yes there can be found a balance as long as we always keep one thing in mind.. The Word of God is never wrong and we should be fitting it NOT it fitting us…


Does this all come as a surprise.. to me.. no not really.. we do see it all in revelation especially as the description of the seven churches… and later on where it says even church leaders will change into following worldy things…

I do feel that alot of the "changes" the church is making over the last few years is moving things away from God just to be accepted or to keep the flack from the church.. Scripture says we will come up against struggles by this world to pressure us to change away from God and that we should be steadfast!!

Personally if a church I attended strayed away from Scripture I'd say something about it to the Leadership Team/pastor/vicar etc... and find out the reason behind it.. asking them to provide Scripture references to support this and pray over it... if i felt it will still against God I would do what I can to oppose it (in a Christian way) and if the church still decided to stick on their way then I'd leave...

So how do you tackle such a large institution such as the CofE on a matter like this? I cant go up and speak to those who made this decision... Having a discussion over email/social media is difficult... So I will will just pray and put my voice out there by my blog and twitter... 

I have searched my heart on this for about a week and still feel that "watering down" Scripture is not a way God would want us to go... 

Praying for the CofE....

No comments:

Post a Comment